- Pertaining to, containing, or obtained from tannin.
(chemistry) tannic acid or any of its derivatives
An alcoholic liquor distilled from the fermented juice of the Central American century plant Agave tequilana
- short for hot toddy
(dated) the sweet sap from any of several tropical trees fermented to make an alcoholic drink
- any of several triple-distilled liqueurs flavoured with fruit e.g. Curaí§ao, Cointreau, and Grand Marnier
- a branded liqueur from Curaí§ao flavoured with orange peel
- a force (producing twisting).
- anything twisted, or the act of twisting; the degree of stress or strain when twisted.
- a type of thread or cotton traditionally used for buttonholes.
- a sliver of lemon peel added to a cocktail, etc.
- a sudden bend (or short series of bends) in a road, path, etc.
- a distortion to the meaning of a word or passage.
- an unexpected turn in a story, tale, etc.
- a type of dance characterised by rotating one"s hips.
- a rotation of the body when diving.
- a sprain, especially to the ankle.
- to turn the ends of something, usually thread, rope etc., in opposite directions, often using force
- to join together by twining one part around another
- to turn a knob etc.
- to distort or change the truth or meaning of words when repeating
- to form a twist (in any of the above meanings)