- (italbrac, chiefly Scotland and northern UK) ugly, Ugly; offensive, loathsome, repellent.
- A brown or reddish pigment used in painting, obtained from certain natural clays variously colored by the oxides of iron and manganese.
- (colour) a reddish brown colour, like that of the pigment.
- <table><tr><td>umber colour: </td><td bgcolor="
- 614B3E" width="80"> </td></tr></table>
- (colour) of a reddish brown colour, like that of the pigment.
- (Australian Slang) uncoordinated
- (Scottish English) strange
- 1922: You"re darned witty. Three drams of you drank with Dan Deasy"s ducats. " James Joyce, Ulysses
- 1993: Kit coughed over a noggin of . " Anthony Burgess, A Dead Man in Deptford