adjective (hinder, hindmost)
- A female deer, especially a red deer at least two years old.
- Located at the rear.
- (Scottish English) New Year's Eve.
- (Scottish English) A celebration or gift for New Year's Eve.
- A sweatshirt, with an integral hood and, sometimes, a large Kangaroo pocket at the front.
- A young person wearing such a sweatshirt, usually a male.
- comparative, Comparative form of hot; more hot.
- the hollow behind the knee
- 1922: In the bright light, lightened and cooled in limb, he eyed carefully his black trousers, the ends, the knees, the houghs of the knees. " James Joyce, Ulysses
noun or howdie
- (Scottish English) A wife, a midwife.
- An English topographic surname for someone who lived by a small hill
- A sea urchin.
- A hedgehog.