- In railroad terms, a framework of steel bars on side supports to bridge over or around something.
- (uncountable) The harvested seeds of various grass-related food crops eg: wheat, corn, barley.
- We stored a thousand tons of for the winter.
- (countable) A single seed of grain.
- a of wheat
- (context, countable, uncountable) The crops from which grain is harvested.
- The fields were planted with .
- (uncountable) A linear texture of a material or surface.
- Cut along the of the wood.
- (countable) A single particle of a substance.
- a of sand
- a of salt
- (uncountable) A very small unit of weight, in England equal to 1/480 of an ounce troy, 0.0648 grams or, to be more exact, 64.79891 milligrams. A carat grain or pearl grain is 1/4 carat or 50 milligrams. The old French grain was 1/9216 livre or 53.11 milligrams, and in the mesures usuelles permitted from 1812 to 1839, with the livre redefined as 500 grams, it was 54.25 milligrams.
- (materials) a region within a material having a single crystal structure or direction
- the act or process of guiding
- advice or counselling on some topic
- any process or system to control the path of a vehicle, missile etc.