- (obsolete) A snake.
- A small venomous serpent of the genus Vipera. The common European adder is the Vipera (or Pelias) berus. The puff adders of Africa are species of the genus Clotho.
- (context, US, and, Canadian English) Any of several small nonvenomous snakes resembling the adder, such as the milk snake.
- a large amphibious reptile with sharp teeth and very strong jaws related to the crocodile and native to the Americas and China. Informal short form: gator
- All you could see of the were its two eyes above the water, and suddenly it snatched up and caught the poor bird with its strong jaws full of sharp teeth.
- plural of amphibian
- Any four-legged vertebrate that does not have amniotic eggs, living both on land and in water.
- Pertaining to snakes or serpents
- snakelike, Snakelike.
- any of the Anolis genus of arboreal American lizards (such as the American chameleon) from the iguana family which feature a brightly colored dewlap and color changing ability
- Active Server Pages
- Application Service Provider
- An extensible baton, used by police and security officers. From the name of the manufacturer: Amalgamated Security Products.
- An amphibian of the salamander tribe found in the elevated lakes of Mexico; the siredon.