- A lizard with a wide, contractile membranous frill extending from the neck and throat.
verb (frog, g, ed)
- A small hopping amphibian.
- A fastener for clothing consisting of a button that fits through a loop.
- The end of a violin bow (or that of other similar string instruments such as the viola, cello and contrabass) held by the player.
- (Cockney rhyming slang) road, Road. Shorter, more common form of frog and toad.
- (context, UK, pejorative, racial slur) A French person.
- (context, Canadian English, pejorative) A French-speaking person from Quebec.
- The depression in the upper face of a pressed or handmade clay brick.
- An organ on the bottom of a horse"s hoof that assists in the circulation of blood.
- The part of a railway switch or turnout where the tracks cross (from the resemblance to the frog in a horse's hoof).
- To unravel a knitted garment.
- To ornament or fasten a coat, etc. with trogs.