- A lizard with a wide, contractile membranous frill extending from the neck and throat.
verb (frog, g, ed)
- A small hopping amphibian.
- A fastener for clothing consisting of a button that fits through a loop.
- The end of a violin bow (or that of other similar string instruments such as the viola, cello and contrabass) held by the player.
(Cockney rhyming slang) road, Road. Shorter, more common form of frog and toad.
(context, UK, pejorative, racial slur) A French person.
(context, Canadian English, pejorative) A French-speaking person from Quebec.
- The depression in the upper face of a pressed or handmade clay brick.
- An organ on the bottom of a horse"s hoof that assists in the circulation of blood.
- The part of a railway switch or turnout where the tracks cross (from the resemblance to the frog in a horse's hoof).
- To unravel a knitted garment.
- To ornament or fasten a coat, etc. with trogs.