- Committing new offenses after being punished for a crime
- The increase in criminal activity was attributed to recidivism.
- an action of regressing, a return to a previous state
- 1899: Thorstein Veblen, The Theory of the Leisure Class
- :Few of these groups or communities that are classed as "savage" show no traces of from a more advanced cultural stage.
- (statistics) an analytic method to measure the relationship between two variables
- The act of resisting, or the capacity to resist.
- (physics) A force that tends to oppose motion.
- (physics) Shortened form of electrical resistance.
- (sociology) An underground organization engaged in a struggle for liberation from forceful occupation.
- Past tense of retard; slowed.
- Past participle of retard; slowed.
- Delayed in development.
- (slang) Having mental retardation.
- (slang) Under the influence of alcohol.
- The loss of memories from the period leading up to the amnesic episode
verb (retrogress, es)
- (intransitive) To return to an earlier, simpler or worse condition; to regress.
- (intransitive) To go backwards; to retreat.
- (intransitive) To return to bad behaviour; to relapse.
- rite; a repeated set of actions
- They carried out the ritual carefully.
- Related to a rite or repeated set of actions.
- They performed the ritual lighting of the candles.