- One quarter of a bushel; a dry measure of eight quarts.
- They picked a of wheat.
- A great deal; a large or excessive quantity.
- She figured most children probably ate a of dirt before they turned ten.
- A short kiss.
- I greeted him with a quick on the cheek.
- To strike or pierce with the beak or bill (of a bird) or similar instrument.
- The birds pecked at their food.
- To do something in small, intermittent pieces.
- He has been pecking away at that project for some time now.
- (archaic) To type.
- (pathology) A disease characterized by purulent skin eruptions that may leave pockmarks.
- syphilis, Syphilis.