- (botany) A growth of minute powdery or webby fungi, whitish or of different colors, found on various diseased or decaying substances.
- To taint with mildew.
- He . . . mildews the white wheat. --Shak.
- To become tainted with mildew.
verb (min, ing)
- A place in the ground from which ore is extracted.
- A device intended to explode when stepped upon, touched, or in proximity to a ship or vehicle.
- A type of firework that explodes on the ground, shooting sparks upward.
- (transitive) To remove (ore) from the ground.
- Crater of Diamonds State Park is the only place in the world where visitors can their own diamonds.
- (transitive) To sow mines (the explosive devices) in (an area).
- We had to slow our advance after the enemy mined the road ahead of us.
- (transitive) To damage (a vehicle or ship) with a mine (an explosive device).
- <span class="use-with-mention">Non-premodifying possessive case of <span class="mention">I</span>.</span> my, My; belonging to me; that which belongs to me. (See
- Usage notes, usage notes below.
proper noun (wikipedia, Mosaic (web browser))
- (computing) an early web browser
- of or relating to Moses, his laws and writings
- One's mother
- I prefer Mummy when she doesn't shout at me.