- of, or relating to the species Homo sapiens
- The study of the physical nature of man.
- A store of goods ready for sale; inventory.
- We have a stock of televisions on hand.
- A supply of anything ready for use.
- Lay in a stock of wood for the winter season.
- Any of the several species of cruciferous flowers in the genus Matthiola.
- Farm animals (short form of livestock)
- (also rolling stock) Railroad cars.
- (finance) The capital raised by a company through the issue of shares. The total of shares held by an individual shareholder.
- The part of a rifle or shotgun that rests against the shooter's shoulder.
- (nautical) A bar going through an anchor, perpendicular to the flukes.
- The axle into which the rudder is attached (rudder stock); it transfers the movement of the helm to the rudder.
- (uncountable) Broth made from meat or vegetables, used as a basis for stew or soup.
- The type of paper used in printing.
- The books were printed on a heavier this year.
- A wide necktie popular in the eighteenth century, often seen today as a part of formal wear for horse riding competitions.
- To have on hand for sale.
- The store stocks all kinds of dried vegetables.
- Normally available for purchase.
- stock items
- stock sizes
- Straightforward, plain, very basic
- That band is quite stock
- He gave me a stock answer