- Any of several rod-shaped bacteria, of the genus Salmonella, that cause food poisoning and other diseases
- The mayonnaise left in the sun at the picnic caused everyone there to come down with poisoning.
- (dated) the class of primitive plants that reproduce solely by fission
- any of numerous marine plants and algae, such as a kelp.
- unpleasant viscous oozy sewage ejection
- Any of various aerobic bacteria of the genus Spirillum, having an elongated spiral form and bearing a tuft of flagella.
- Any of various other spiral-shaped microorganisms.
noun (wikipedia, spirochaete)
- any of several coiled bacteria, of the order Spirochaetales, most of which are pathogenic to both humans and animals
- A spherical gram-positive parasitic bacterium of the genus Staphylococcus, causing blisters, septicemia, and other infections
- (notcomp) unable to reproduce (or procreate).
- (obsolete) treasure, Treasure.
- (obsolete) The blood-vessel in the yolk of an egg.
- (archaic) race, Race; lineage, pedigree.
- A particular breed or race of animal, microbe etc.
- They say this year's flu virus is a particularly virulent .
- hereditary, Hereditary character, quality, or disposition.
- There is a of madness in her family.
- (rare) A kind or sort (of person etc.).
- To exert or struggle (to do something), especially to stretch too far.
- Sitting in back, I strained to hear the speaker.
- To apply a force or forces to
- To tighten the strings of a musical instrument; to uplift one"s voice
- To separate solid from liquid by passing through a strainer or colander
- any of several bacteria, of the genus Streptomyces, found in soil; several of them produce antibiotics
- A portion of a culture distinguished by its customs or other features.
- The goth has its own mode of dress, and it has a characteristic musical style.
- (plural of, sulfur bacterium)