- A microscopic aquatic animal of the phylum Gastrotricha, with a worm-like body and cilia.
- (biology) The small mass of cells from which a new organism develops; a seed, bud or spore.
- A pathogenic microorganism.
- An idea that forms the basis of some project.
- The embryo of a seed, especially of a seed used as a cereal or grain. See w:Cereal germ, Wikipedia article on cereal germ.
- the basic form of an organism; the seed or germ
noun (wikipedia, Gram staining)
- (medicine) a staining technique, using a sequence of crystal violet, iodine and safranine, used to differentiate bacteria into two large groups of species
- (plural of, green alga)
- The chlorophytes