- Not caused by or characterized by the presence of bacteria.
- (plural of, alga)
- The branch of botany dealing with algae.
noun (s, pl2=amebae)
- (alternative spelling of, amoeba)
- Of, or pertaining to, an amoeba.
noun (amoeb, ae, pl2=amoebas)
- A genus of unicellular protozoa that moves by means of temporary projections called pseudopodia.
- The state of being free from sepsis
- The process of removing pathogenic organisms or protecting against such organisms
- A gradual diminishing in the strength of something
- (physics) A reduction in the level of some property with distance, especially the amplitude of a wave or the strength of a signal
- (biology) A weakening in the virulence of a pathogen or other microorganism
- (botany) The tapering of a leaf etc to a fine point
- (engineering) A fabrication process in which a material is stretched out into a thin shape