verb (padd, ing)
- A flattened mass of anything soft, to sit or lie on.
- (context, US, slang) A bed.
- (colloquial) A place of residence.
- A cushion used as a saddle without a tree or frame.
- A soft, or small, cushion.
- A cushion-like thickening of the skin on the under side of the toes of animals; an animal's foot or paw.
- Any cushion-like part of the human body, especially the ends of the fingers.
- A stuffed guard or protection, especially one worn on the legs of horses to prevent bruising.
- A soft bag or cushion to relieve pressure, support a part, etc.
- A floating leaf of a water lily or similar plant.
- (cricket) a batsman's leg pad that protects it from damage when hit by the ball
- A kind of cushion for writing upon, or for blotting, especially one formed of many flat sheets of writing paper; now especially such a block of paper sheets as used to write on.
- A panel or strip of material designed to be sensitive to pressure or touch.
- A keypad.
- A flat surface or area from which a helicopter or other aircraft may land or be launched.
- An electrical extension cord with a multi-port socket one end: "trip cord"
- the effect produced by sustained lower reeds, reed notes in a musical piece, most common in blues music.
- (transitive) To stuff.
- (transitive) To furnish with a pad or padding.
- (transitive) To fill or lengthen (a story, one's importance, etc.).
- (transitive) To imbue uniformly with a mordant.
- to pad cloth
- (context, transitive, cricket) to deliberately play the ball with the leg pad instead of the bat.
- (obsolete) a small horse for women to ride
- a horse with a golden-colored coat and a white or cream-colored mane and tail
- a breed small dog with large ears.
- A crossbreed dog resulting from the breeding of a pekingese and a poodle.
- A small toy dog from China
- a native or inhabitant of Peking
- A town in Pembrokeshire, Wales
- Spotted or blotched, especially of black and white.
- Anything that points or is used for pointing.
- A needle-like component of a timepiece or measuring device that indicates the time or the current reading of the device.
- A breed of hunting dog.
- (complang) A variable which holds the address of a memory location where, presumeably, a value is stored.
- (computing) An icon that indicates the position of the mouse; a cursor.
- A tip, a bit of advice (usually plural.)
- The instructor gave me some pointers on writing a good paper.
- a native, or inhabitant of Pomerania
- the Pomeranian or Kashubian language
- a breed of small, sturdy toy dogs in the spitz family
- of, or relative to Pomerania
- Any of various breeds of dog originating in Europe as hunting dogs, and having heavy, curly fur in a solid color; their shoulder height indicates their classification as standard, miniature, or toy.
- A small dog of an ancient breed originating in China, having a snub nose, wrinkled face, squarish body, short smooth hair, and curled tail.