- A member of the group of Quechuan peoples of highland Peru who established an empire from northern Ecuador to central Chile before the Spanish conquest.
noun (industr, ies, -)
- Businesses concerned with goods as opposed to services.
- There used to be a lot of around here, but now the economy depends on tourism.
- Businesses of the same type, considered as a whole.
- The software and tourism industries continue to grow, while the steel industry remains troubled.
- The tendency to work persistently.
- Over the years, their and business sense made them wealthy.
|Indus Valley Civilization||
- an ancient civilization from the Indus river valley; also the Harappan civilization
- An archeological term that designates the level of culture in which man used iron and the technology of iron production. Estimated to have begun in Europe about 1100 BC.
- Any dark or depressing era, characteristic of malice, oppression, war, poverty, suffering, etc. Opposite of golden age.
- A time of poor or controversial progress or achievement in a particular field, as opposed to golden age.