- Of or for the common people.
- Of, relating to, or written in the vulgar form of ancient Egyptian hieratic writing.
- demotic script is a simplified, cursive form of hieroglyphs used in ancient egypt.
- Of, relating to, or written in the form of modern vernacular Greek.
- demotic Greek
verb (digs, digging, dug)
- An archeological investigation
- To move hard-packed earth out of the way, especially downward to make a hole with a shovel. Or to drill etc. through rocks, roads, etc.
- They dug an eight foot deep ditch along the side of the road.
- In the wintertime, heavy truck tires into the road, forming potholes.
- If the plane can't pull out of the dive it is in, it'll a hole in the ground.
- (italbrac, with "into") To research a particular subject.
- She is going to into Egyptian basket-weaving this semester.
- (slang) To appreciate, or like.
- Baby, I you.
- (slang) To understand or show interest in.
- You ?
- a prehistoric megalith having a capstone supported by two or more upright stones
- A maritime county of England bounded by Somerset, Wiltshire, Hampshire, Devon and the English Channel.