- Of or for the common people.
- Of, relating to, or written in the vulgar form of ancient Egyptian hieratic writing.
demotic script is a simplified, cursive form of hieroglyphs used in ancient egypt.
- Of, relating to, or written in the form of modern vernacular Greek.
verb (digs, digging, dug)
- An archeological investigation
- To move hard-packed earth out of the way, especially downward to make a hole with a shovel. Or to drill etc. through rocks, roads, etc.
They dug an eight foot deep ditch along the side of the road.
In the wintertime, heavy truck tires into the road, forming potholes.
If the plane can't pull out of the dive it is in, it'll a hole in the ground.
(italbrac, with "into") To research a particular subject.
She is going to into Egyptian basket-weaving this semester.
(slang) To appreciate, or like.
Baby, I you. You ?
(slang) To understand or show interest in.
- a prehistoric megalith having a capstone supported by two or more upright stones
- A maritime county of England bounded by Somerset, Wiltshire, Hampshire, Devon and the English Channel.