- The daughter of one's mother who has a different father, maternal half sister.
- The daughter of one's father who has a different mother, paternal half sister.
- A one-room Navajo dwelling or ceremonial lodge.
- A wandering troop or gang; especially, a clan or tribe of a nomadic people (originally Tatars) migrating from place to place for the sake of pasturage, plunder, etc.; a predatory multitude.
- A large number of people.
- We were beset by a of street vendors who thought we were tourists and would buy their cheap souvenirs.
- a member of a group of people who live by hunting and gathering edible plants for their main food sources, and do not keep animals or farm land.