- A product; the quantity of something produced
verb (yields, yielding, yielded, yielded or rarely yolden)
Zucchini plants always seem to produce a high of fruit.
- To give way; to allow another to pass first
Yield the right of way to pedestrians.
- To give as required; to surrender, relinquish or capitulate.
They refuse to to the enemy.
- To produce as return, as from an investment
Historically, that security yields a high return.
Completing the mathematics correctly yields a result of five.
- The current return as a percentage of the price of a stock or bond.
- To produce as a result.
- a concession
- docile, or inclined to give way to pressure