- Old name of a city in modern Israel famed from the Crusades: see Acco.
- A state in northern Brazil, which has Rio Branco as its capital.
- A unit of distance for air transport; equal to a nautical mile.
- (alternative spelling of, analogue)
- (context, chiefly, US) Dealing with a continuous spectrum of values as opposed to a discrete on/off value.
- A Middle Eastern unit of volume used for agricultural crops
- 1 ardeb of wheat equals about 150 kg
- 1 ardeb of barley equals about 120 kg.
- (rare) A accepted (but deprecated and rarely used) SI unit of area equal to 100 square metres, or a former unit of approximately the same extent. Symbol: a
- (form of, second-person singular simple present tense, be)
- Mary, where you going?
- (form of, first-person plural simple present tense, be)
- We not coming.
- (form of, second-person plural simple present tense, be)
- Mary and John, you listening?
- (form of, third-person plural simple present tense, be)
- They here somewhere.
- Advanced Supplementary
- (neurology) Asperger's Syndrome
- (geography) American Samoa
- the official system of weights used in UK between 1856 and 1963. It had been the customary system in London since AD 1300.
- the official system of weights used in USA between 1866 and 1959.
- weight; heaviness;
- he has a lot of avoirdupois