verb (warbl, ing)
- a lesion under the skin of an animal, caused by a bot fly
- (Military) In naval mine warfare, the process of varying the frequency of sound produced by a narrow band noisemaker to ensure that the frequency to which the mine will respond is covered. Also a Noun with the same definition.
- to modulate a tone's frequency
- to sing like a bird, especially with trills.
noun (wikipedia, Whistler)
- someone or something that whistles
- the whistling marmot
- the goldeneye
- (physics) an audio-frequency electromagnetic wave produced by atmospheric disturbances such as lightning
- (present participle of, whistle)