- A sharp pointed, two edged surgical instrument used in venisection and for opening abscesses etc.
- A fleam.
- A thin endoscope that may be inserted through a small incision in the abdominal wall.
noun (wikipedia, laparoscopic surgery)
- (medicine) examination or surgery using a laparoscope
- (context, surgery) The surgical removal of part or all of the larynx. It is most often performed in cases of laryngeal cancer.
- Something that ties, a ligature.
- The act of tying, of applying a ligature.
- The state of having a ligature, of being tied.
- (medicine) The act of tying off a blood vessel during surgery.
- A surgical operation on the frontal lobe of the brain intent on treating certain mental illnesses.
- The severing of the prefrontal cortex from the thalamic region of the brain.
- The severing of the sympathetic nerve trunk.
- (Geordie) A flea.
verb (lopp, ed)
- Hadway wi ye man, ye liftin wi lops
- To cut off as the top or extreme part of anything, especially to prune a small limb off a shrub or tree.