- An organ of a plant typically divided into a flattened portion (the blade) and a narrow stalk (the petiole) and serving as the principal site of photosynthesis and transpiration.
- Anything resembling the leaf of a plant.
- A sheet of any substance beaten or rolled until very thin.
verb gold leaf
- A sheet of a book, magazine, etc (consisting of two pages, one on each face of the leaf).
(in plural leaves) tea leaf, Tea leaves.
- A flat section used to extend the size of a table.
(context, computing, mathematics) In a tree, a node that has no descendants.
(intransitive) To produce leaves; put forth foliage.
- the manager of a library
- one who cares for the books in a library
- a person who processes and organizes information
- An institution which holds books and/or other forms of stored information for use by certain people. It is usual, but not a defining feature of a library, for it to be housed in rooms of a building, to lend items of its collection to members either with or without payment, and to provide various other services for its community of users.
- A collection of books or other forms of stored information. An individual may refer to his collection of books and other items as his library.
- record library
(computer science) A collection of subprograms used to develop software.
- An attempt to retrieve data on something.
My database failed because I misspelled the word.