- (nautical) the formation, in a fluid, of small cavities of low pressure that rapidly collapse; especially in a rotating marine propeller
- the formation of pits on a surface
- (medicine) the formation of cavities in an organ, especially in lung tissue as a result of tuberculosis
- A water pump consisting of a series of buckets on a chain, wheel or drum
- The physical confine of a river or slough, consisting of a bed and banks.
- ''The water coming out of the waterwheel created a standing wave in the .
- The natural or man-made deeper course through a reef, bar, bay, or any shallow body of water.
- A was dredged to allow ocean-going vessels to reach the city.
- The navigable part of a river.
- We were careful to keep our boat in the .
- A narrow body of water between two land masses.
- The English Channel lies between France and England.
- (electronics) A connection between initiate, initiating and terminate, terminating nodes of a circuit.
- The guard-rail provided the between the downed wire and the tree.
- (electronics) The narrow conducting portion of a MOSFET transistor.
- (communication) The part that connects a data source to a data sink.
- A stretches between them.
- (communication) A path for conveying electrical or electromagnetic signals, usually distinguished from other parallel paths.
- We are using one of the 24 channels.
- (communication) A single path provided by a transmission medium via physical separation, such as by multipair cable.
- The is created by bonding the signals from these four pairs.
- (communication) A single path provided by a transmission medium via spectral or protocol separation, such as by frequency or time-division multiplexing.
- Their call is being carried on 6 of the T-1 line.
- (context, broadcasting) A specific radio frequency or band of frequencies, usually in conjunction with a predetermined letter, number, or codeword, and allocated by international agreement.
- KNDD is the at 107.7 MHz in Seattle.
- (context, broadcasting) A specific radio frequency or band of frequencies used for transmitting television.
- NBC is on 11 in San Jose.
- (context, storage) The portion of a storage medium, such as a track or a band, that is accessible to a given reading or writing station or head.
- This chip in this disk drive is the device.
- (context, technic) The way in a turbine pump where the pressure is built up.
- The liquid is pressurized in the lateral .
- To direct the flow of something.
- We will the traffic to the left with these cones.
- To assume the personality of another person, typically a historic figure, in a theatrical or paranormal presentation.
- When it is my turn to sing Karaoke, I am going to Ray Charles.
- The act of moving in a circle, or in a course which brings the moving body to the place where its motion began.
- The act of passing from place to place or person to person; free diffusion; transmission.
- Currency; circulating coin; notes, bills, etc., current for coin.
- The extent to which anything circulates or is circulated; the measure of diffusion; as, the circulation of a newspaper.
- The movement of the blood in the blood-vascular system, by which it is brought into close relations with almost every living elementary constituent. Also the movement of the sap in the vessels and tissues of plants.
- A pipe or channel for conveying water etc.
- A duct or tube into which electrical cables may be pulled; a type of raceway.
- A means by which something is transmitted.
- corporal punishment, Corporal Punishment (as a sexual practice)
- Custodial Parent
- Copy Protected
- County Primary or Community Primary, school
- Communist Party
- Computer science
- controlled substance
- Child Support
- Counter-Strike, an FPS computer game
- (baseball) The statistic "Caught Stealing"
- A soft mass of material stuffed into a cloth bag, used for comfort or support; for sitting on, kneeling on, resting one's head on etc.
- Something acting as a cushion, especially to absorb a shock or impact.
- (context, sports, billiards, snooker, pool) The lip around a table in cue sports which absorbs some of the impact of the billiard balls and bounces them back.
- to provide a soft pillow cushion
- to absorb or deaden the impact of something
- (geometry) A surface created by projecting a closed two-dimensional curve along an axis intersecting the plane of the curve.
- When the two-dimensional curve is a circle, the cylinder is called a circular cylinder. When the axis is perpendicular to the plane of the curve, the cylinder is called a right cylinder. In non-mathematical usage, both 'right and circular are usually implied.
- (geometry) A solid figure bounded by a cylinder and two parallel planes intersecting the cylinder.
- Any object in the form of a circular cylinder.
- 1898 " w:H. G. Wells, H. G. Wells, http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_War_of_the_Worlds The War of the Worlds Ch.4
- :A big greyish rounded bulk, the size, perhaps, of a bear, was rising slowly and painfully out of the .
- A cylindrical cavity or chamber in a mechanism, such as the counterpart to a piston found in a piston-driven engine.
- A container in the form of a cylinder with rounded ends for storing pressurized gas.
- An early form of phonograph recording, made on a wax cylinder.