noun (plural: accumulators)
- One who, or that which, accumulates, collects, or amasses.
- (mechanics) An apparatus by means of which energy or power can be stored, such as the cylinder or tank for storing water for hydraulic elevators, the secondary or storage battery used for accumulating the energy of electrical charges, etc.
- A system of elastic springs for relieving the strain upon a rope, as in deep-sea dredging
- a layer of trapped air that supports a hovercraft
- a shock absorber that uses an air chamber
- a rubber or plastic inflatable cushion
- The transportation of troops, civilians or supplies by air, especially in an emergency.
- Such a flight.
- (archaeology) A pipe that is used to suck up objects from the sea bed.
- (transitive) To transport (troops etc) in an airlift.
verb to atomize
- to separate into atoms
- to make into a fine spray
- to fragment (can be used metaphorically)
- to bomb with nuclear weapons
- An instrument for reducing a liquid to spray or vapor for disinfecting, cooling, medical use or perfume spraying.