- (anatomy) The front part of the head, featuring the eyes, nose, and mouth and the surrounding area.
verb (fac, es)
- She has a pretty .
- One's facial expression.
- Why the sad ?
- The public image.
- The of this company.
- (geometry) Any of the flat bounding surfaces of a polyhedron.
- The numbered dial of a clock or watch.
- (cricket) The front surface of a bat.
- (slang) The mouth.
- Shut your !
- He's always stuffing his with chips.
- (slang) Makeup.
- I'll be out in a sec, just let me put on my .
- (slang, professional wrestling) The good guy; a wrestler embodying heroic or virtuous traits.
- The fans cheered on the as he made his comeback.
- Any surface; especially a front or outer one.
- Put a big sign on each of the building that can be seen from the road.
- They climbed the north of the mountain.
- (cards) the side of the card that shows its value (as opposed to the back side, which looks the same on all cards of the deck)
- (transitive, of a person or animal) to position oneself or itself so as to have one's face closest to (something).
- Face the sun.
- (transitive, of an object) to have its front closest to (something else).
- Turn the chair so it faces the table.
- (transitive) To deal with (a difficult situation or person).
- I'm going to have to this sooner or later.
- (intransitive) To have the front in a certain direction.
- The bunkers faced north and east, toward Germany.
- (intransitive) (cricket) To be the striking batsman.
- (slang, professional wrestling) (rfd-sense) Describing the good guy wrestler.