- (context, crystallography) Having cleavage planes at right angles; as in orthoclase.
- (geometry) pertaining to right angles; perpendicular (to)
- A chord and the radius that bisects it are .
- mathematical use
- Of two functions, linearly independent; having a zero inner product.
- The normal vector and tangent vector at a given point are .
- Of a square matrix that is the inverse of its transpose
- Of a linear transformation that preserves angles
- (statistics) statistically independent, with reference to variates
- (software engineering) Able to be treated separately.
- The content of the message should be to the means of its delivery.
- (crystallography) Having three unequal axes at right angles.