- A male given name.
- A person who is native to a place (literal or metaphoric).
- She is a regular Wiki
- Sometimes used pejoratively against indigenous peoples by their colonizers.
- Some natives must have stolen our cattle.
- belong, Belonging to one by birth.
This is my land.
English is not my language.
I need a volunteer New Yorker for my next joke"
What are now called " Americans" used to be called Indians.
- characteristic, Characteristic of or relating to people inhabiting a region from the beginning.
The peoples of Australia are called aborigines.
- Characteristic of or existing by virtue of geographic origin.
Many artists studied abroad.
(context, biology, of a species) Which occurs of its own accord in a given locality, to be contrasted with a species introduced by man.
The leaf of the North American sugar maple is the symbol of Canada.
This is a native back-end to gather the latest news feeds.
(context, computing, of software) Written specifically to run on a particular processor.
(Christianity) The birth of Jesus as described in the Gospels of Matthew and Luke.
(context, by extension) Christmas.