- An ancient Greek or Roman building used for performances of music and poetry.
- an apartment, room, or hall in an ancient Roman dwelling house
- Anything that acts as counterbalance; a compensating equivalent.
verb (offsets, offsetting, offset)
- Today's victory was an to yesterday's defeat.
- (context, international trade) A form of countertrade arrangement, in which the seller agrees to purchase within a set time frame products of a certain value from the the buying country. This kind of deals are often used in large international public sector contracts such as arms sales.
- (rfv-sense) A time at which something begins.
- You can hear the gun go off at the of the race.
- Offset printing.
- (programming) The difference between a target memory address and a base address.
- An array of bytes uses its index as the , of words a multiple thereof.
- The distance by which one thing is out of alignment with another.
- There is a small between the switch and the indicator which some users found confusing.
- To compensate for something.
- I'll the time diffence locally.
- (architecture) A double curve in the shape of an elongated S; an object of that shape
- (architecture) A pointed arch made from two ogees
- In Greek architecture, a porch at the rear of a temple, set against the blank back wall of the cella.
- (biology) pertaining to, derived from, like, of the nature of, an organ of the body
- (chemistry) relating to the compounds of carbon, relating to natural products
- of food or food products, grown in an environment free from artificial agro-chemicals, and possibly certified organic by a regulatory body.
- (sociology) a form of social solidarity theorized by Emile Durkheim that is characterized by voluntary engagements in complex interdepencies for mutual benefit (such as business agreements), rather than mechanical solidarity, which depends on ascribed relations between people (as in a family or tribe).
- A large polygonal recess in a building, such as a bay window.
verb (overhangs, overhanging, overhung)
- The volume that tips the balance between the demand and the supply toward demand lagging supply.
- That portion of the roof structure that extends beyond the exterior walls of a building.
- To hang across or beyond, as on a building.
- A daisy-like flower with yellow petals and dark centers.