- A snake god in religions of West Africa and elsewhere
- (context, voodoo, superstition) A person who is undead; a corpse reanimated by a supernatural force or a spell, with no soul and no will of its own.
- A person who is apathetic.
- (figurative) A human being in a state of extreme mental exhaustion.
Translations: Etymology: From Bantu; compare jumby.
- After working for 18 hours on the computer, I was a .
- An information worker who has signed a nondisclosure agreement.<ref>http://www.eet.com/issue/fp/showArticle.jhtml?articleId=26100928 EE Times, "Beware 'zombie' clauses," 2 Aug., 2004</ref>
- (computing) A process or task which has terminated but was not removed from the list of processes, typically because it has child processes that have not yet terminated.
- (computing) A computer affected by malware which causes it to do whatever the attacker wants it to do without the user's knowledge.
- A drink of rum and fruit juices
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for zombie for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.