- A prefix or suffix added to a person's name to signify either veneration, official position or a professional or academic qualification.
- Legal right to ownership of a property; a deed or other certificate proving this.
- The name of a book, film, musical piece, etc.
- The subject of a writing; a short phrase that summarizes the entire topic.
- A division of an act of Congress or Parliament (e.g. Title II of the USA PATRIOT Act)
verb (titl, ing)
- Dutch: titel
- French: intitulé
- German: Titel
- Italian: titolo
- Spanish: título
- The act of assigning someone or something a title.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for title for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.