- A response.
- A versicle or short anthem chanted at intervals during the reading of a lection.
- (architecture) A half-pillar, pilaster, or any corresponding device engaged in a wall to receive the impost of an arch.
- (intransitive) To say something in return; to answer; to reply.
- (intransitive) To act in return; to exhibit some action or effect in return to a force or stimulus; to do something in response; to accord.
- (intransitive) To correspond; to suit.
- (transitive) To satisfy; to answer.
- The prisoner was held to the judgment of the court.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for respond for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.