verb (radiat, ing)
- To extend, send or spread out from a center like radii.
- (transitive) To emit rays or waves.
- The stove radiates heat.
- (intransitive) To come out or proceed in rays or waves.
- The heat radiates from a stove.
- (transitive) To illuminate.
- To expose to ionizing radiation, such as by radiography.
- (transitive) To manifest oneself in a glowing manner.
- (context, ecology, intransitive) to spread into new habitats, migrate.
- radiating from a center.
- surrounded by rays, such as the head of a saint in a religious picture.
- (botany) having parts radiating from the center, such as the petals in many flowers.
- (biology) having radial symmetry, such as a seastar.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for radiate for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.