- a literary piece written in verse
- a piece of writing in the tradition of poetry, an instance of poetry
- a piece of poetic writing, that is with an intensity or depth of expression or inspiration greater than is usual in prose
Etymology: From Latin poíma.
- Dutch: gedicht(nl)n
- French: poème
- German: Gedicht(de)n
- Italian: poema(it)m, poesia(it)f
- Spanish: oda(es, poema, m}}, t-, es)f
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for poem for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.