- A state of tranquility, quiet, and harmony, e.g., a state free from civil disturbance.
- A state free of oppressive and unpleasant thoughts and emotions.
- That will give me some of mind.
- Harmony in personal relations.
- A state free of war, in particular war between different countries.
Etymology: Middle English, from Old French pais, compare French paix
- Dutch: vrede , peis (archaic)
- German: Friede(de, Frieden, m}}, t+, de)m
- Italian: pace(it)f
- Spanish: paz(es)
- French: paix(fr)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for peace for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.