- (finance) (uncountable) the operating expenses of a business — everything except labour and materials
- (uncountable) more generally, any cost or expenditure (monetary, time, effort or otherwise) incurred in a project or activity, which does not directly contribute to the progress or outcome of the project or activity.
- (countable) an overhead projector; or the image sheet projected by one
- located above, especially over the head
- Place your luggage in the bins.
- (finance) of, or relating to the operating expenses of a business
- They tried to reduce costs.
- above one's head;in the sky
Etymology: over + head
- Birds flying .
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for overhead for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.