over + head
- located above, especially over the head
#:Place your luggage in the overhead bins.
- finance of, or relating to the operating expenses of a business
#:They tried to reduce overhead costs.
- finance uncountable the operating expenses of a business — everything except labour and materials
- uncountable more generally, any cost or expenditure (monetary, time, effort or otherwise) incurred in a project or activity, which does not directly contribute to the progress or outcome of the project or activity.
- countable an overhead projector; or the image sheet projected by one
- above one's head;in the sky
#:Birds flying overhead.