- A children's game in which players vault over each other's stooped backs.
verb (leapfrog, g, ing) transitive
- French: saute-mouton
- To jump over some obstacle as in .
- (context, business) To make obsolete.
- This new product will the competition.
- (military) To advance by engaging enemy with one unit while the other moves further forward.
- To progress as in .
- French: faire du saute-mouton
(trans-top, to make obsolete)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for leapfrog for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.