- An abrupt rapping sound, as from an impact of a hard object against wood
- I heard a on my door.
- An impact.
- He took a on the head.
- (rfv-sense) the act of hitting a tennis ball with a partner for warm up purposes
- (cricket) a batsman's innings.
- He played a slow but sure of 35.
- Dutch: klap
- German: Schlag(de)m
- French: coup (1)
- To rap one's knuckles against something, especially wood.
- Knock on the door and find out if they're home.
- To bump or impact.
- I knocked against the table and bruised my leg.
- (rfv-sense) To hit a tennis ball with a practice partner to warm up before a match.
- (colloquial) To denigrate, undervalue.
- Don't it until you've tried it.
- (rfv-sense) (colloquial) To feature a loud bass section.
- Dutch: botsen
- French: frapper(fr)
- German: klopfen(de)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for knock for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.