- nevertheless, Nevertheless, nonetheless, even so, that said, in spite of this.
- He told me not to do it; , I did it.
- (context, chiefly, UK, as an intensified form in interrogatives) In what way; how.
- However did you do that?
- Dutch: daarentegen, echter
- French: cependant, pourtant, néanmoins, toutefois
- German: jedoch
- Italian: però, nonostante
- Spanish: sin embargo
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for however for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.