- (uncountable) A type of very sweet candy or confection. Often used in the US synonymously with chocolate fudge.
Translations: verb (fudg, ed)
- Have you tried the vanilla ? It's delicious!
- A deliberately misleading or vague answer; a less than perfect decision or solution.
- (intransitive) To try to avoid giving a direct answer; to waffle or equivocate.
- When I asked them if they had been at the party, they fudged.
- To alter something from its true state, as to hide a flaw or uncertainty. Always deliberate, but not necessarily dishonest or immoral.
- The results of the experiment looked impressive, but it turned out the numbers had been fudged.
- I had to the lighting to get the color to look good.
- German: ausweichen
(trans-top, To alter something from its true state)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for fudge for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.