- uncountable A type of very sweet candy or confection. Often used in the US synonymously with chocolate fudge.
#: Have you tried the vanilla fudge? It's delicious!
- A deliberately misleading or vague answer; a less than perfect decision or solution.
trans-top|a very sweet confection
Swedish: mjuk kola
- intransitive To try to avoid giving a direct answer; to waffle or equivocate.
#: When I asked them if they had been at the party, they fudged.
- To alter something from its true state, as to hide a flaw or uncertainty. Always deliberate, but not necessarily dishonest or immoral.
#: The results of the experiment looked impressive, but it turned out the numbers had been fudged.
#: I had to fudge the lighting to get the color to look good.
trans-top|To try to avoid giving a direct answer
trans-top|To alter something from its true state
- euphemism Colloquially, used in place of fuck.
#: Oh, fudge!