- An older person or an older member, usually a leader, of some community.
- We were presented to the village .
- An officer of a church, sometimes having teaching responsibilities
- (Mormon) The lowest office in the Melchizedek priesthood.
- After being a member of the Church for a while, Bill was ordained to the office of .
- (Mormonism) One ordained to the office of elder.
- Jack had been an for only a few days when he received a new calling.
- (Mormonism) Male missionary, title for a male missionary; title for a general authority.
- The elders are coming over for dinner tonight.
- One of the long-time leaders in the Church is Elder Packer.
- A small tree of the genus Sambucus having white flowers in a cluster, and purple berries.
- (context, paganism) A priest or priestess in the modern pagan tradition known as Asatru or Heathenry.
- French: sureau
- German: Holunder
- Italian: sambuco
- Spanish: sauco
- comparative, Comparative of old; greater than another in age or seniority.
- The of the two was also an -statesman
- Spanish: antiguo, anciano
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for elder for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.