Translations: verb (curbs, curbing, curbed)
- A row of concrete along the edge of a road.
- A raised margin along the edge of something, as a strengthening.
- Something that checks or restrains.
- A riding or driving bit for a horse that has rein action that amplifies the pressure in the mouth by leverage advantage placing pressure on the poll via the crown piece of the bridle and the chin groove via a curb chain.
- (transitive) To check, restrain or control.
- (transitive) To rein in.
- (transitive) To furnish with a curb.
Etymology: From courbe 'curve, curved object', itself from curvus
- Dutch: intomen
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for curb for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.