Image:Curb gutter storm drain.JPG|thumb|right|200px|curb, gutter, and storm drain
From MF. courbe 'curve, curved object', itself from L. curvus
- US A row of concrete along the edge of a road.
- A raised margin along the edge of something, as a strengthening.
- Something that checks or restrains.
- A riding or driving bit for a horse that has rein action that amplifies the pressure in the mouth by leverage advantage placing pressure on the poll via the crown piece of the bridle and the chin groove via a curb chain.
trans-top|row of concrete along the edge of a road
Czech: obrubnÃk m
Polish: krawÄ�Å¼nik m
- (transitive) To check, restrain or control.
- (transitive) To rein in.
- (transitive) To furnish with a curb.
trans-top|restrain, rein in