- A count backward to the time of some event, especially the launch of a space vehicle
- The acts of preparation carried out during this period
- (slang) A radio or television program counting down the top songs of a given week, usually in reverse order and ending with the No. 1 song.
- (rfd-sense) A long-running television game show
- (rfv-sense, doesn't inflect, ought to be count down or count-down) To recite a countdown
- Dutch: aftellen
- German: rí¼ckwí¤rts zí¤hlen
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for countdown for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.