verb (catalogu, ing)
- A systematic list of names, books, pictures, etc.
- A complete (usually in alphabetical order) list of items.
- A list of all the books of a library.
- A university calendar (US).
- To put into a catalogue.
- To make a catalogue of.
- To add (books, items, etc.) to an existing catalogue.
Etymology: From catalogus, from Ancient Greek (katalogos) "an enrollment, a register, a list, catalogue", from (katalego) "to recount, to tell at length or in order, to make a list", from (kata) "downwards, towards" + (lego) "to gather, to pick up, to choose for oneself, to pick out, to count."
- French: cataloguer
- German: katalogisieren (1,2,3)
- Italian: catalogare (1,2), mettere in
- Italian, in catalogo (1,3)
- Spanish: catalogar
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for catalogue for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.