- (given name, male), diminutive of Thomas.
- Used by 1377 as a type of a nickname for a common man.
- In the 17th century, applied as a nickname for several exceptionally large bells.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Tom for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
- The male of the domesticated cat.
- The male of the turkey.
- The male of certain other animals.
- (British slang) A prostitute.
- (music) A type of drum.
Etymology: Shortened from tomato
- Dutch: kater
- French: mí¢le
- German: Kater
- Italian: maschio
- Spanish: gato
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for tom for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.