Etymology: From tronc.
- The (usually single) upright part of a tree, between the roots and the branches.
- A large suitcase, usually requiring two persons to lift and with a hinged lid.
- torso, Torso.
- The extended and articulated nose or nasal organ of an elephant.
- (context, US, automotive) The luggage storage compartment of a sedan/saloon style car.
- (context, US, telecommunications) A circuit between telephone switchboards or other switching equipment.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for trunk for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of trunk