- The (usually single) upright part of a tree, between the roots and the branches.
- A large suitcase, usually requiring two persons to lift and with a hinged lid.
- torso, Torso.
- The extended and articulated nose or nasal organ of an elephant.
- (context, US, automotive) The luggage storage compartment of a sedan/saloon style car.
- (context, US, telecommunications) A circuit between telephone switchboards or other switching equipment.
Etymology: From tronc.
- Dutch: koffer , laadruimte
- French: coffre(fr)m
- German: Rí¼ssel(de)m
- Italian: baule(it)m
- Spanish: baíºl (italbrac, Argentina, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Eastern Venezuela, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Panama, Puerto Rico), cajuela (italbrac, Costa Rica, Ecuador, México), joroba (italbrac, Costa Rica), maleta (italbrac, Chile, Venezuelan standard usage), maletera (italbrac, Bolivia, Peru, Venezuela), maletero (italbrac, especially Cuba, Eastern Bolivia and Spain), valija (italbrac, Uruguay), valijera (italbrac, Nicaragua, Paraguay)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for trunk for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.