verb (swells, swelling, swelled, swollen or swelled)
- A long series of ocean waves, generally produced by wind, and lasting after the wind has ceased.
- (music) A gradual crescendo followed by diminuendo.
- (music) A device for controlling the volume of a pipe organ.
- (music) A division in a pipe organ, usually the largest enclosed division.
adjective (i, nonstandard)
- (intransitive) To become bigger, especially due to being engorged.
- (informal) excellent, Excellent.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for swell for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of swell